Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 11 - 3 miles

Good Morning!
Looking at my last blog, it's been a lot longer than I realized - 2 plus years!
So last week Sunday I woke up around 7AM and decided, this is the day...this is the day I start running! You might ask why that day or even why running? To make a long story short, I've been steadily putting on weight since last year and haven't been able to lose it. Although I would like to reach my happy weight one day, I just want to be fit...and run a marathon. My last cholesterol reading was 208, which is on the low end of being high. I guess normally it wouldn't be a big deal but because I'm vegetarian, my doctor was a little concerned. Well, I had my blood drawn last week so we'll see if it has improved. My plan, which I've been able to follow these two weeks, is to run every Sunday through Friday mornings. Last week I took my first break Sabbath morning and I felt like something wasn't quite right. That night I ended up doing 10 minutes on the elliptical at the fitness center in our hotel (I was in Costa Mesa, CA for my cousin's wedding). I wanted to do more but wasn't appropriately dressed - I went to look for the fitness center for Sunday morning and ended up on the elliptical while watching Bones.

Well, time to wash up and eat some breakfast. Got a busy day of errands and work. Annie leaves for Amsterdam today for a week-long vacay. Anton is already there for a work conference. Safe travels to Annie!

No comments: