The Christian group Newsboys has a great song out called I Am Free. Really like the song...my latest anthem.
I was free from jury duty early today. When I arrived at 8AM, there was a line to get checked in. This whole experiencing is so interesting and not a big deal. Unlike many of the others, I am fortunate (sort of) to not have a full time job so I wasn't missing anything by being there. Others were kinda grumbling about the possibility of a trial because then that becomes a longer commitment. Apparently the average trial lasts 1 and 1/2 weeks. After everyone checked in we watched a brief video about our role and then they started calling the first group. I wasn't called in the first or second group. After a nice lunch of Tom Yum soup they called a group to go home, which I also wasn't in, but finally the rest of us were dismissed a short time later. I will return tomorrow for Day 2...
It started off cold this morning but by the time we got out, the sun was peaking through so the walk to Westlake Center from the courthouse was very nice...listening to some tunes always makes the walk fun, too. I checked out Ross and Shoe Pavillion (discount stores) but didn't find anything interesting. Since Jeany's office (dentist at my church) is also downtown I popped in to say hello. She was finishing up with her last patient so we were able to chat a bit before catching the bus home.
Now I'm home...had a nice online chat with Amy and Kimatra...miss them soooo much!
Good evening all...tomorrow is Thursday!
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
laura~!!i had no idea about pho.so i check it out on the internet. it's nuddle stuff? it looks so tasty!! I might have to begin to make a list that i'm gonna try to taste when i go to ur place.^^miss you~~laura~~sujung
Sujung...you can eat pho in Korea. There is a Vietnamese restaurant around the corner from Giordano in Jonggak. There's another one near Kimatra's institute and several around Daehangno. Check it out!
Post a Comment