Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Neverending Vacation

It's Sunday night and Annie and Anton aren't back yet. Their original return flight should have left Cancun on Saturday but the flight was canceled (again) due to problems with the oxygen mask in the cockpit (or something like that). Today's flight was held up on the runway so it left 2 hours late also because of plane problems, which caused them to miss the connection in Phoenix. So now, A&A are at another hotel for another night and hopefully they can get on the morning flight tomorrow.

I guess this wouldn't be so bad if they didn't also have problems getting to Cancun. A&A were supposed to depart Saturday morning but that flight was also canceled...apparently due to the weather problems on the East coast. Now, the craziest part about that was Anton was on hold with the airlines for two hours, hoping to get a different flight, before hanging up. They eventually decided to go to the airport anyway and talk to someone in person. When I say the flight was Saturday morning, let me add early morning, around 5AM. This meant waking up around 2:30-ish, driving to Anton's, waiting for Mel and Morgan (former co-workers of Anton's who invited them on the trip - they have a timeshare) and then driving to the airport. Anyway, we got to the airport around a little before 4AM. I offered to stick around a few minutes to see if they could get any info but they sent me off. When I got home, my dad told me Annie called to say they were on their way back. The flight was canceled but they were able to get on the same flight the next day.

We were all so tired but I made it to church a few hours later. A&A slept and rested at home...Anton hadn't slept the night before. We took it easy for the rest of the afternoon and did it all over again the next morning. This time, they made it to Cancun.

So, will spending 5 days at the airport be worth the trip? Annie said they had a good time and ate a lot of yummy food. I think if Annie can at least make it for her 1pm patient this whole experience won't have been so bad. I guess we will find out tomorrow. Let's pray.

No comments: