Friday, March 30, 2007

My Room...




Hello Friends,

UPDATE: Annie and Anton made it safely back on Monday at noon so Annie made it to school in time but her patient ended up not coming. I think they are both rested now and the pictures from Cancun are nice.

So the pictures above are of my closet and one wall, THE wall with all the furniture. The closet I redid in 2004. The doors stopped sliding smoothly so I followed Annie and took them down, painted the closet walls and installed an organizer. When I got home this time, I found plastic drawers that fit the exact with of the center shelves so now I have drawers and shelves. The second picture is my dresser that I bought and put together with my dad a week after I got home. It is part of the Hennes collection at Ikea. The third picture is also a bookcase that I put together and then stained a cherry color. Everything on the walls, hanging from the ceiling and on the dressers and case are the things I have collected over the last 8 years.

As you can see, my room is a mess - constantly! This room is about 2/3 the size of my room in Korea and I think I have more stuff in my room here at home. However, everything I own (besides my car) is in this room...so do I have a lot of stuff or not that much stuff?

Well, this week I worked 3 days at Jeany's office, 2 days on my own, manning the front. Since I'm only doing the basic stuff, it's not as difficult once you get the hang of everything. I would like to be able to do more like reconcile the insurance claims but that would take a little more time and I'm only covering for a total of 6 days. I have even gotten accustomed to waking up at 5 o'clock. Why so early? Well, the bus comes around 6:20 in the morning and I want to have enough time to get ready...at my leisure. Luckily because it is so early, the traffic into Seattle isn't bad and I'm able to get downtown by 6:55, just in time to start at 7:00.

Oh, exciting news...I finally got my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After waiting almost two weeks, it finally arrived on Thursday. Love the phone (Samsung SGH-D900, a.k.ak Black Carbon) but not sure why some of the features are disabled. I'll call to find out.

More exciting news...three sunny days in a row...but still cool, if not cold.

Have a magnificent weekend friends!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figure about half of my life is about money and the other half is about family, and as I make more and more money, I want more toys.
I bought an LCD monitor yesterday even though I already had a CRT monitor. But, I don't regret it; it works perfectly fine, gives me crystal-clear pictures when I watch Prison Break at my computer at home with both of my feet on the desk. So, you're not watching Prison Break, are you?

The weather hasn't been so good in soul for the last couple of days, so my camera must have got some rest. Tomorrow, I'm going to go somewhere to use it as it is so ready to be used.

Hopefully the weather's fine tomorrow.

Amazing to be able to see how each other's doing just by using a computer, meaning I like your blog.
Take care!

Sincerely Yours,
Lim, HyunSoo

geilorama said...

Hey HyunSoo,

Haven't gotten into watching Prison Break. I recommend watching Heroes. It is a new series in America and you can watch all the episodes online. Check it out: http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes_01.shtml
The weather here is also kinda drab...rain, rain, rain. Last night it even hailed. Enjoy your new monitor!

ls

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your message.
I stayed up all night today watching Prison Break. I'll say no more TV dramas now. What I'm gonna do is just to watch one (or two because of "LOST") everyweek when it comes.

So, how's Annie and your little sister Heidi?

I'm good.

Thanks

Sincerely Yours,
Lim, hyunsoo

Anonymous said...

You look good on the pic of seca-professional. I think you need to tan as much as I do. I enjoyed looking around your room. It's interesting.I found some stuff that I used to see when you're here. Conglatulations!!on your new phone!!!I'm sure that you've got the all function of it already.

I bought a pair of shoes which you saw on the pics of me with kim. I really like them because it's flat but not ugly when I where them. It would be so much better if I knew those shoes could be comfortable and suit on me.^^ I want pretty skirts but it's not easy to find that I like. if you're here you'd help me to choose some for me. I'm so sorry for that. It'll be exciting to go shopping with you in the state.kk I can't wait to do it!!

Ann called me while I was writting this message asking me about going to the deer mountain together on sat afternoon. I'll be meeting my friends 선아. 미. She said, if I can come later then I can take her car because Orlando will drive her car to go there after finishing his part time job. It's a good suggestion. It' been so long time since i've hung out with chirch members. She said, christie got a house from church. it's good for her. Do you know who Maria(korean,25)is? She's getting merried a cute Englander on july who came to korea with her and became a teacher of the SDA institute. When she visited England for a month they met and fell in love with. amazing story. Ann said, LEE BUM introduced him to others at church as a family of Maria. As Ann's expalanation Everyone said he is cute. I'm so envy her~!!I'll check it out soon what kind of cupple they are.

Anyhoo~ I've watched '300'recently and will go to the mivie 'the story of a murderer next week with coworkers.

How about your trip with amy? Everyting is going well? Hope it is.

Thanks for the pics of your room again!! talk to you later

sj수정